Guide for Water and Electricity Outages
Dear valued guest, We understand the inconvenience of experiencing disruptions in your water and electricity supply, and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause during your stay. Please be assured that we are here to assist you promptly.
This guide aims to aid you in navigating through troubleshooting steps for a swift resolution to any water or electricity-related issues encountered during your stay.
Casa Rooms provides a guide for each property under its management. Your administrator will share this document with you via email before check-in. The manual assists tenants and guests in locating essential features within the property, such as pole switches, valves, and appliances. Familiarizing yourself with this guide is essential and should be kept open when following the troubleshooting steps below.
The water supply in Malta and Gozo is distributed by the Water Service Corporation. Typically, water supplied in the kitchen comes directly from the water main meter, while water in bathrooms is supplied via the roof tank.
No Water in Kitchen
- Locate the main water meter valve and ensure it is open. If the mains are open but there’s no water, check the Water Service Corporation’s and check their live map for planned outages in your area.
- If the water in the kitchen starts, but has low pressure, you can follow the troubleshooting steps here provided by the Water Services company
No Water in Bathrooms
- If there is no water in the bathroom, but water is supplied in the kitchen, you need to start by locating the water pump’s pole switch or the electrical plug, to ensure it is powered on.
- If the pump is on but there’s still no water, consult the property guide to ensure all angle valves in the water system are open.
- If you have no water pump, you are required to leave bathroom taps open for 15 minutes so that the airlock gets released out from the water pipes.
Electricity in Malta and Gozo is supplied by Enemalta. Properties are equipped with an Enemalta electrical meter, typically accompanied by a salvavita switch and a Miniature Circuit Breaker (MCB) to segment the electrical circuit within the property. The purpose of such salvavita is to stop the Enemalta meter from providing the electrical circuit of the property with electricity
- Check outside to determine if the outage is isolated to your property.
- If you notice that there is no electricity on the street and your neighbours in the same building block are also affected, your initial step should involve consulting the Enemalta Outage Map to ascertain if any planned outages are affecting the area. You may also proceed to contact Enemlata directly via their contact page to better understand when the electricity will be back on..
- If from step 1 and 2 you have identified that it is only your property without electricity, you need to start by locating your Enemalta main meter to ensure both this and the salvavita are powered on. Such meters are normally located at the bottom part of the building block or else near the entrance of your house. Your property guide will be able to guide you.
- The next step would be to locate the MCB which would be located near the entrance of your property. Ensure all MCB’s are up and on.
- If the electricity keeps tripping off after you do step 3 and 4, you now need to start by unplugging all the appliances connected to the electricity. When all are unplugged, you start again from step 3, followed by step 4 and start connecting all the appliances one by one till you find the cause of what was tripping your salvavita or Enemalta main meter.
- Consult the Water Service Corporation Live Map for any works that may affect water distribution.
- If you have followed the troubleshooting steps and continue to experience issues, please reach out to us.
- If your meter display is off after troubleshooting, contact the Enemalta customer care team at 80002224.
- In the meantime, we recommend utilizing alternative water sources if available, such as bottled water. Implement water-saving measures to conserve water until the issue is resolved.
- Use battery-operated or alternative lighting sources until power is restored. Minimize electricity usage to essential appliances to conserve power.
Follow-Up and Resolution
Once you have contacted the Water Services Corporation and Enemalta, they will work diligently to address the issue promptly, providing updates on the resolution timeline and ensuring that the matter is fully resolved as soon as possible.
Still have questions or need assistance?
Feel free to reach out to our dedicated support team. We’re here to help guide you through any queries related to water and electricity outage. Your peace of mind is our top priorities.
We appreciate your cooperation and understanding as we work together to resolve any water or electricity-related concerns you may encounter during your stay.
We operate in Malta, Gozo and Sicily. Remember to follow us on Facebook and Instagram to stay up-to-date with our latest blogs and guides.